5 Ways to Get Social Security Help/ April 4th, 2016
Do you have questions about Social Security? It can be difficult to get the answers you need. Follow these suggestions to limit frustration when seeking out answers:
- Go on the website. Some of your questions can be easily answered at SSA.gov without the need of a phone call.
- Call towards the end of the week. The SSA says that wait times are longest on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Make an appointment. Schedule a face-to-face meeting so that you aren't on a time crunch and can get detailed answers to your questions.
- Try more than one office. If the office in your town isn't that helpful to you, it might be beneficial to try an office a little farther away.
- Ask for a technical expert. People in this position are higher up and could be better at answering your questions.